Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome to my small corner of the intenet dedicated to a little bit of ranting, large bit of Baby D tales and a medium bit of travel musings. Have a read, leave some comments or simply close this page down and waste some time on Facebook instead!

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Toy Story

I had a tough time in Smyth’s Toys recently. I went in to find some new toys for Baby D to stop him rooting around in our laundry basket. After wandering the aisles, blinded by blue and red plastic and amazed at the price tags, I eventually emerged clutching a seven euro Winnie the Pooh jigsaw. “Bargain” I thought, trying not to feel guilty as the other parents stumbled passed me struggling under the weight of Smart Trikes and life-sized Peppa Pigs.
Luckily I hadn’t just bought a jigsaw but a “valuable learning tool.”
“This will enhance your fine motor skills and hand to eye co-ordination,” I read off the side of the box to Baby D at home.
“Pooh!” said Baby D as he grabbed the box from me and tipped all the pieces onto the floor.
“And also can be used as an educational aid...”
He picked up a piece of jigsaw and chewed it thoughtfully.
“Aids problem solving...”
Baby D rambled off, jigsaw dangling from the side of his mouth.
“And helps develop reasoning and problem solving skills.” I finished as he re emerged, looking pleased with himself, the piece of jigsaw replaced by a sock.
“Toe–Toe!” he mumbled through the sock, trampling over the rest of the pieces.
“Seven euro well spent,” I thought.

No comments: