Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome to my small corner of the intenet dedicated to a little bit of ranting, large bit of Baby D tales and a medium bit of travel musings. Have a read, leave some comments or simply close this page down and waste some time on Facebook instead!

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bathrooms and Classrooms


I´m taking multi-tasking to a new level - must be the altitude that´s inspiring me to new heights. Today I got up at half seven to go to a school to build a bathroom. By noon I had learnt about cement, how to plaster and why you have to water the bricks to help them set properly. I caught a combi (kind of a Hiace van/bus thats seats 12 but squeezed in at least 30 people today) back to Cusco and did a crash course in TEFL, got totally inspired and want to do the certification and travel the world teaching english as my new career. Then it was time to go to my Street Kids project to assist in teaching classes from 6.30 - 9.30pm. It´s 10pm now and I´m wondering if there´s a street that needs to be cleaned somewhere or a blind man I could help cross the road....

9 comments:

thelostdj said...

sounds great, that's a lot to do in one day!!

thelostdj said...

oh nearly forgot... happpy birrrrhtdayyyy to yououuuu, happy birthday to youuuu...

Aidan said...

Happy birthday! Looks like I'll be calling you to fix things around the house from now on!!

Cowgirl said...

Happy Birthday! Forgot but thankfully read other posts and remembered.

skigirl said...

Happy Birthday to mE! Fair Play Cowgirl for admitting you forgot and not faking it!!!!!
Aidan you wont be a man of lesiure any more, make the most of it!!

Cowgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cowgirl said...

I am too honest for my own good!!

Cowgirl said...

lynch out of Olympics, horse failed drug test-Capsacian. At least we have 3 guaranteed bronzes with boxers :-)

skigirl said...

I know !! Im so glad Im boycotting the olympics this year!