Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome to my small corner of the intenet dedicated to a little bit of ranting, large bit of Baby D tales and a medium bit of travel musings. Have a read, leave some comments or simply close this page down and waste some time on Facebook instead!

Sunday 6 January 2008

These days..

Well, one of my christmas presents this year was a diary. "A diary?" I scoffed, "I've no use for that!" Then I got to thinking how I used to faithfully record my business every day throughout college (More concise than the books of diaries clogging my shelves, my college carreer could have been summed up in one line: some drinking, a little studying interspersed by lots of hangovers) and wouldn't it be nice to start a diary again? Of course this being the internet age I am obliged to diary online cos that's just the way it is these days. It's the internet age, computer communities, online allegiances. Even though I seem to meet people less and less, I officially "stay in touch" with more people than ever. Quick emails or texts are the new lifeblood of friendships and are just as superficial as the relationships they often sustain. I send virtual hugs and buy drinks and crazy gifts through Facebook. I have list of friends as long as my arm on Bebo and know what mood people are in, who they are/snogging/partyingwith/marrying, even though I barely know their second name. Yet I haven't had a good conversation in ages. However I can't stop this virtual reality so I join up to the bloggers community, whatever that is, and add to the driftwood in cyberspace.

No comments: